THE AMERICAN GUILD OF
The Guild's primary purposes are:
The American Guild of Hypnotherapists is an International Registration/Educational organization for Professional Hypnotists, Hypnotherapists and for persons who use hypnosis in their professional practice. Accepted applicants become "Registered with" ... not "members of" ... the American Guild.
· Certificate of Registration - Decals, Identification Cards.
· The "Journal of Hypnotherapy" - one of the educational vehicles of the Guild.
· Newsletters of important political or technical developments in the field of hypnosis or hypnotherapy.
· School Approval Program.
· Referral Service
There are two classes of Registration Categories:
· Registered Hypnotist - One who induces the hypnotic state in a client to increase motivation or alter behavior patterns: Consults with clients to determine nature of problem. Prepares client to enter hypnotic state by explaining how hypnosis works and what client will experience. Tests subjects to determine degrees of physical and emotional suggestibility. Induces hypnotic state in client to achieve desired result, using individualized methods and techniques of hypnosis based on interpretation of test results and analysis of client's problem. May train client in self hypnosis conditioning.
· Registered Hypnotherapist - Must
meet the requirements for Registered Hypnotists. In addition, must have had at
least 3 years experience utilizing hypnosis, part of which should include
working under the direct supervision or referral from persons licensed in the
healing arts, or; a licensed person whose governing body allows the use of
hypnosis in their practice, or have graduated from a school approved by the
American Guild of Hypnotherapists.
The Registration fees are:
Persons registered with the Guild can
use the designation Registered Hypnotist
(or, if qualified, Registered Hypnotherapist), American Guild of Hypnotherapists. They are urged to use the initials R. H. after their name.
FOR REGISTRATION APPLICATION WRITE TO:
American Guild of Hypnotherapists
2200 Veterans Blvd., Suite 108
Kenner, LA 70062-4005